There is not a sign pointing to Bond Springs Outback Retreat on the road.
Locate the Motor Vehicle Registrar, which is on the north edge of town on the Stuart Highway (road to Darwin) travel north 10km’s exactly you will come to a yellow and black cross road sign, turn right, over a cattle grid onto an unsealed graded dirt road, drive 6.5km, to the homestead.
Please print off Bond Springs Outback Retreat Road Directions supplied below.
2WD or 4WD can access Bond Springs Outback Retreat.
We strongly recommend guests arrive before nightfall (6.00pm). Guests intending to arrive after dark, particularly self drive travellers, should telephone us (8952 9888) prior to leaving Alice Springs.
Our accommodation is either “Bed and Breakfast” or "self-contained;" we therefore suggest our guests stock up with food and drinks prior to travelling to Bond Springs Outback Retreat. There are excellent and well stocked supermarkets in Alice Springs. Please also note that alcohol is not sold from outlets in Alice Springs until after 2 p.m. You will also need identification.
Distances to other surrounding locations:
- Alice Springs Airport 40 kms (approx 40 minutes)
- Alice Springs 22 kms (approx 20 minutes)
- Ghan Railway Station 25 kms (approx 25 minutes)
- Glen Helen 150 kms (approx 1½hours)
- Kings Canyon (4WD Mereenie Loop Rd. route) 350 kms (approx 4 hours )
- Kings Canyon (Stuart/Lasseter/Luritja Hwy route) 500 kms (approx 5½ hours )
- Ayers Rock (Uluru) 470 kms (approx 5 hours )